Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Young Authors - Abby wins!


There is really only one word to describe the state of this blog lately - late.  Late...late...and later.  Between starting a new job, a crazy summer and everything happening with Ellyn the blog has sort of fallen off the to do list.  It hasn't been forgotten though!  I'm just behind and finally taking some time to get it back in order.

So - with that - here are pictures from MAY!  I know.  But, I couldn't forget to post about how Abby won Young Authors in school this past year.  Young Authors holds a special place in my heart...I won it for the district when I was in third grade.  So, when Abby's teacher sent home the paperwork for it around Christmas I knew I wanted to try and have her do it.

She and I worked together over Christmas break to sketch out a rough outline and characters.  After doing that we set to writing out the story and illustrating the book.  Abby did it all herself, with the exception of me doing the physical writing of the words.  Her story was called Abby, her dog and a fairy.  It was about, you guessed it...Abby, her dog and a fairy!


You'll have to ask her to show it to you sometime when you come over.  The book and ribbon sit in a very prominent location on her dresser or bookcase (depending on the day).  I'm very proud of her and all the hard work she did! Way to go, peanut!

No comments:

Post a Comment