Thursday, August 16, 2018

Cousins Camping 2018


Cousins camping!!  A yearly tradition that I look forward to so much.  This year we had a slightly smaller group than we've had in recent years.  Partly because of location...partly because of schedules and partly because of babies!!  Yep!  You read that right....the Murphy cousins are finally getting on the baby train and this family could not be more excited.


Cousins has notoriously been a black hole of pictures for me so this year I swore I'd do better.  I didn't manage an ENTIRE group picture, but we got close one breakfast.  And at least I got these gems to prove that we were there...we camped....and we can mark another cousins camping in the books.  I swear one of these days I'm going to make t-shirts to commemorate the occasion.


Six kids under 6....5 of them girls.  Poor Dax!  We don't know what Chris and B are having (I'm guessing girl...) but we DO know that Meg and Greg have a little playmate for Dax on the way.  Maybe the tides will swing the other way for a few kids here...who knows!  Guess we'll find out in September.



This year we decided to head north to Kettle Moraine.  It's nice for those of us that live north of the city because most of us can get there in less than 2 hours.  It's a little harder for Meg/Greg and Jenny/Jack so huge props to you both for making the long haul to continue the tradition with us.  I love you guys for loving this as much as I do!


That's as close as I got to a full group picture.  We're missing most of the kiddos, but I think I got all of the adults..nope....just realized I'm missing Greg.  Oh...and Dan McGrath.  We had a new recruit to the trip this year.  It was fun to have him join us.  Though, I think the amount of adult beverages may have surprised him. 


I can't even believe that we have kids old enough to be on bikes.  I have SO many memories of riding bikes around camp grounds.  Our little tribes of kid gags just roaming with little supervision.  I can't believe we've arrived there...and part of me is so excited to watch them grow together as cousins.  I'm sure I'll morn the loss of the baby years, but right now I'm loving the moment we're in.  Where the girls are independent and able to play with the other kids without us managing every moment. 


I just love this pictures so much...and the girls in it!  Thanks for loving camping as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment