Thursday, August 16, 2018

Abby's 6th Birthday Party


Our first ever kid only party!  We always love having the big family birthday parties at the house for the kids but this year Abby really wanted to have a kid party for all her little friends from school - so, this is probably just the start of a long run of kid birthday parties.


We invited 10 of the kids from Abby's school along with a few local friends from daycare to the local chocolate shop.  A few years ago Abby attended a party at Morkes and she loved it.  The party is so cute.  The kids get to make a chocolate pizza, chocolate covered pretzels and chocolate pops.  The chocolate is so yummy and the kids love being creative.  The ladies at the store do a great job too...so if you are local and looking for a great party place, this is a wonderful option.


I loved watching Abby with her friends from school.  Last year I was able to volunteer in the classroom once a month or so and I valued that experience so much that I'm going to try to continue to do that again this year.  It's nice to get to know the kids that she talks about all the time.  Since we aren't QUITE into sports and other school activities, working in the classroom is one of the ways that I get to meet these sweet little girls. 



And, Abby was so kind to Hazel at the party.  I worried that she'd find her little sister to be a bother when all the bigger girls got there, but she requested to have Hazel sit right next to her.  My sweet girl...in moments like that I realize that maybe, just maybe, we're doing something right with them.  Guys, raising kids is so hard.  You just have to do the best you can and trust your gut every single day.  There is no rule book and you just can't compare to others. 



I think Abby had a great time at her party...and I have to admit that I did too.  It was SO nice to have someone else run the thing.  We showed up, they did all the work, dealt with all the mess and less than 2 hours later we walked out the door and went home.  I get why people do it this way!



After the party at the chocolate place we had my parents, Dan, Jamie/Zach and family all back to our house for swimming and lunch.  It was a great end to a great day.



Oh!  And I can't forget the annual birthday cupcake.  Dan did such a great job keeping this tradition alive.  Bubby has gotten a special cupcake for both girls each and every birthday.  She's always made sure that they were personal and special to the kids and I know she and Erin have pushed the art skills of the ladies at the cupcake store with each and every request.  This year, a cat seemed purrfect.  (Get the pun!?)


Abby wants a cat more than anything else in the world.  (No! This is NOT an invitation for any of you to get one for us).  I'm not willing to even consider getting another pet until the answer to "who is going to clean the litter box" is "I will Mommy...I'll do it".  Right now, it's "Daddy can do it"...and that tells me we just aren't ready for it.  HAHAHA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment