Thursday, August 16, 2018

Around the World - Brenna's Baby Quilt


Guys, can you even believe that I already have another quilt to post?  And!  I'm working on another one already as we speak! There have been so many 2018 babies that I can hardly keep up.  This one I made by the skin of my chinny chin chin.  I finished it just hours before the baby shower.  In fact, these pictures aren't quite ideal because I just didn't have time to wait.  I needed to get this puppy wrapped up and ready for the shower the next morning.


As you can tell, the hand quilted panel has been my project of choice this year.  I love them...they look great, they go relatively fast and for babies, I think they are perfect.  This quilt was for Chris and Brenna's new baby who is due in mid-September.  I cant wait to meet him or her (I secretly want it to be a her!). 

When I saw this panel I knew it was perfect for Chris and Brenna.  They love to travel and have been to so many exotic cool places.  I want to be like them when I grow up! *smile. 


I started this quilt the day before we left for the Outer Banks.  Looking back, knowing how the last 2 months played out, it was admittedly ambitious to try and finish this before the shower.  But, I'm so glad I tried because it was tight, but I made it!  And, now I've got a little more breathing room before the next one is "due".  As soon as I get caught up here on the blog I can turn my focus of evening project time back to quilts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment