Friday, October 1, 2010

"So, are you nervous...?"

I've probably gotten this question at least 30 times a day...and I would venture to guess that Ryan has too. 

The wedding is just over a week away and we are in full on wedding planning/prep mode.  It seems like every one of our conversation involves the wedding somehow.  I dream wedding, talk wedding, eat wedding (yep, wedding diet people), see wedding, think wedding....it just never seems to end.  Don't get me wrong, I love every moment of it.  Well, let's be serious here, not EVERY moment of it.  But, event planning is my thing.  I love to do it and I enjoy it.

To answer the question, No, I am not "nervous" for the wedding.  I am not nervous at all to marry the best guy I've ever met, to marry my best friend.  I'm not nervous to start out life together...our own personal adventure.  I am not nervous to walk down the aisle to him.  Those are NOT the things that I am having butterflies about.  I love Ryan and he loves me.  We make a great pair and I am so excited to be his wife.

That being said, here are the things I AM nervous about.  I'm nervous that 1 of the Groomsmen will forget he's got to pick up his tux on Friday before 4 pm.  I'm nervous that the hotel still hasn't sent me the table arrangement yet, nervous that we've missed something somehow.  I'm nervous that our amazing cupcake stand will topple as people eat off of it (Ryan built it...so we should be good *smile*).  I'm nervous that the day will go just as planned. 

But, here is what I've decided.  Those things that listed that I am nervous about just really don't matter all that much.  What matters is all of the stuff that I said I wasn't worried about.  The day is going to be great no matter what because its the day that Ryan and I become Mr. and Mrs. Ryan McGrath. 

So, to answer your question, No, we are not nervous.  We are beyond excited and can't wait to see you all on Saturday.

Love ya!!

3 comments:

  1. AWWWWWW Sadie this is PERFECT!!!! You are so eloquent :) You should write a book our book club can read.

    I wish I could be in two places at once, so you BETTER tell me everything when you get back and settled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right Sadie! Having planned more weddings than I can count, I offer some advice...no one will notice any minor detail that doesn't go quite as planned except you. Erase those nerves and enjoy yourself! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wedding DIET?!?!? AHAHAHAHAHAH I believe I was sitting next to you yesterday when murdered an innocent piece of chocolate cake. AHAHAHAHAH

    The rest of the blog was great! :) Honest and true! None of those little things matter. It's all about the start of your new adventure! Can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete