Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"Don't Stop....Believing..."

I wanted to give a little shout out to Joey Calveri and the cast of  "Rock of Ages"

Ryan and I headed into the city last night to see the musical.  Ryan usually throws a small temper tantrum when he's "forced" (his words) to see musical theater but I think for the first time ever he actually enjoyed himself!!  If you love 80's rock, this show is for you!  I have to admit, it was probably about a third of the way through the show when I leaned over to Ryan and asked "are these real songs"?  His face was priceless!!  To my credit, its not my fault, I grew up on Country, ok!

Erin (Ryan's sister) is currently dating one of the cast members, Joey, and we ended up with GREAT seats on opening night of the tour!  It helps to "know someone". 

Here's a little blurb about the show:

In 1987 on the Sunset Strip, a small town girl met a big city rocker and in LA’s most famous rock club, they fell in love to the greatest songs of the 80s. It’s ROCK OF AGES, an arena-rock love story told through the mind-blowing, face-melting hits of JOURNEY, NIGHT RANGER, STYX, REO SPEEDWAGON, PAT BENATAR, TWISTED SISTER, POISON, ASIA, WHITESNAKE and many more. Don’t miss this awesomely good time about dreaming big, playing loud and partying on!'

Four thumbs up from us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment