Monday, September 21, 2020

Halloween Quilt



Well, we've hit the point where I'm making season themed quilts for the family.  I started last winter when a pattern/fabric collection caught my eye for a Christmas Quilt.  We finally have enough everyday quilts around here that the fun, novelty fabric catches my eye and instead of thinking "I could only have that out for what, 2 months?"  no longer occurs to me and I jump right in to making something I know the girls will both love.  I hope someday these little holiday decorations will spark memories for them...bringing them back to these years where they still believe in everything and the holidays are full of magic and mystery.


Earlier this summer when this fabric collection came out, I snagged it up quick before it sold out.  I knew EXACTLY what I wanted it quilted in before I even had the quilt pattern picked out.  I'd noticed the cutest Candy Corn pattern on Kristy's website (I have all of my quilts machine quilted by a friend of Erin's from high school, her company is called Quilts by Kristy).  Anyways, when I saw this Halloween fabric collection, I knew I'd better get sewing so we could have a fun Halloween theme'd quilt on the couch in time for the fall months.  Fast forward to today and it's already being loved and used on the nightly.  


The collection even came with a cute little panel that I used on the back of the quilt.  


I mean, aren't those little quilted candy corns adorable!?!?  I love them!  I actually don't even really care for the candy itself, but put it on a fabric and I'd eat it up!


The finished quilt measures 60x71 and I used a pattern I bought long ago (maybe for my second ever quilt??) called To The Point by Cluck Cluck Sew.  




No comments:

Post a Comment