Friday, September 11, 2020

A Knit Christmas Gift

 


Well, it's admittedly early, but I'm already calling it, 2020 will be the year of the hand made gift around our family.  Believe it or not, lock us up in the house for who even knows how many months, and I can start whipping out hand made things like it's my day job (it's not!).  


I can't share who this one is going to just yet....maybe I already know, maybe I don't.  You know...gotta keep it a secret for a few more months!  But, what I CAN tell you is that this one was a labor of love.  I started this blanket in April.  I worked on it nearly every single night since then until just a few days before Labor Day.  That's 5 solid months of slow, careful work.  But, you know what?  It turned out so so good!  It's warm and big and I just know someone is going to love it.


Let's just ignore that wonky part in the picture above...I think I just laid it out funny when I took the pictures.  But, in all honesty, it's possible I picked up a few stitches along the way and it really is a little wider there.  We'll just say that's so there's extra to keep you warm with.


I even gave it a nice bath so it's ready to wrap and put under the tree.  I'm not ready for winter yet...but I AM slowly getting ready for Christmas.  It's going to be a very merry, handmade Christmas...of this I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment