Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Another Christmas Quilt....

 


If you can't tell from the flood of quilting posts lately, I've had a little backlog and it's finally cleared up!  Back in April I started knitting that big blanket I shared a few weeks back, and during the months since then I'd been working on that nearly nightly but I'd sprinkle in time at the sewing machine to keep moving along on these quilts.  Well, after they'd come back from the quilter I tossed them in a pile waiting to be bound up and finished.  Once I FINALLY finished that knitted blanket I picked up all these projects waiting in the wings to give them their final touches.


The last quilt I have to share with you (for now) is this pretty triangle quilt I made as a Christmas gift for someone special.  Like the knitted blanket I already have the recipient in mind, but I'm keeping it a secret until after Christmas so that I can gift a very handmade Christmas this year.


The fabric collection for this quilt is called Dusk til Dawn by Cotton + Steel and I used a pattern called Spyglass by Patchwork & Poodles.  When I purchased the pattern and fabric, I did so a little bit blind because I wasn't sure of the fabric requirements.  I wanted to get a good mix of fabrics so instead of buying fat quarters or half yard bundles I bought a layer cake (which, means 10 inch blocks for anyone that cares).  That would allow me to get a large sample of fabrics without a huge expense.


Turns out, the pattern needed 16 inch blocks to start with us I ended up having to modify the entire pattern to fit my fabric purchase.  Best laid plans....I guess....  But, in the end, with the addition of a boarder to make it a little more rectangle shaped, I ended up with a quilt that is 60x70 and overall a good size for a lap quilt.


Considering I had to do a decent amount of tweaking and math, I think it turned out really really quite well.


Christmas seems far away, but before we know it, this will be wrapped up and under the Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment