Thursday, July 30, 2015

A Whale of a Time - Quilt (back)



Yes - I'm so far behind on blogging that I'm finally getting around to sharing a special little addition that I made to Lauren's baby quilt.  I posted this quilt back over a month ago and I promised to come back and show you what I made for the back, but then, well, a baby happened and I finally found these pictures on my camera when I was downloading all the pictures from the hospital.


The backing fabric that I used on Lauren's quilt is sort of made to look like paper dolls.  So, I decided to use up some of my scraps and make little clothes for the animals.  I made shirts, shorts, jeans, dresses, crowns, bows etc and I think they turned out really cute!


I know the baby won't be able to play with the clothes for a long time, but I can tell you that Abby loved it.  She played with the clothes dressing the dolls up and moving the pieces around for probably 45 minutes when I set it up on the floor to take these pictures.  I hope the new baby loves this quilt as much as I do....and the little clothes too...they were a pain in the you know what to make!!  Cute idea, glad I did it, but...I probably won't do it again :)

1 comment: