Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Abigail Pearl....

Welcome to the world little one!!



Abigail Pearl was born on Tuesday, August 14th and 2:23 am.  I will do a whole birth story post in the coming days but for now I just wanted to share some pictures with you all.

I will say this though.  Two days ago I had a hard time picturing what it would be like to have a little baby.  But today as she lays here sleeping on my chest while I type up this post, I have a hard time remembering what life was like before her...and can't imagine going back.  We love her so much, and Ryan is already amazing with her!  She loves how he can't sit still for more than a minute.  His antsy-ness is PERFECT for a newborn.

The hospital has some weird Internet policy where I can only access my blog for 60 minutes during my stay so I'll keep it short and sweet until I'm home and can really do a Birth Story post up right.  In the mean time, here you go:


In the recovery room about 30 minutes after she was born....it's hard to see her all snuggled in  there but it's a good picture of me :O) Because pictures of me are why you are really here right!  HA


She's so teeny.  I mean...all newborns are tiny, but at 5 lbs 12 oz, she seems extra tiny to me.  The grandmas actually went out yesterday to buy some Preemie clothes.  I think Abby is really right in between the Preemie clothes and the newborn.....she's a little squished in one and swimming in the next size.


Just so I don't forgot all those little details,


A much less attractive picture of me but our first family picture none the less. 


Open eyes!!  She's got dark blue eyes right now (who knows if that will last), and a full head of dark brown hair.  Just like me when I was born!  After much deliberation and debate amongst all the visitors yesterday we think she looks alot like me, with a little Ryan mixed in.  I think her nose is exactly a cross of Ry's and mine. 


I'm just one day old and there are already more pictures of me on this blog than there are of my doggie sisters.  I sure can't wait to meet them when we get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment