Monday, July 30, 2012

A party worthy of Pinterest!

This past weekend my sister and my mom hosted a baby shower in honor of our new little one.  The party they planned was amazing.  I can't believe the amount of work, time and LOVE they put into making me feel special.  I've got a ton of pictures to share with you all, but this post is dedicated to the little details that made this party special.

Here are a few shots of the table settings.  I'm SO mad I didn't get a picture of the plates.  They seriously took paper plates, hole punched the outside rim and used ribbon to thread a design into them...it was crazy!! 


Here's a closeup of those little fortune cookie things.  Remember them from when you were a kid?  You  numbers on the outside and somehow they predicted who you would marry, or how many kids you'd have, or what your husband would do for a living.  Well, for the shower, mom used them as the menus.  So, on the inside, when you opened the tab that said drinks, the drinks she'd made for the shower were listed there....same with lunch, appetizers etc.  SO CUTE (and painstakingly horrible to format and print, if I had to guess!).


Check out this sweets table...



Homemade cake pops....they were cherry flavored and SO yummy!!


This easy back oven was seriously amazing!  Mom made it from a copy paper box.  When I got home the night before and saw it sitting on the table I was sure she'd bought a kit to make it....but nope, made from scratch!  Crazy right??


This was the sign-in table, along with the shower gifts and the fabric basket. 


For those of you that have no idea why we'd have a basket of fabric I'll explain really quick.  I can't take credit for the idea.  I totally stole it from here, but I plan to copy what they've been doing.  So, each week I will take a picture of the baby with a white onsie on laying on a different piece of fabric.  Then, I will use photoshop to add on "1 week", "2 weeks" etc onto the onsie. I'll take a picture each week of the baby for an entire year, each time on a different piece of fabric.  Then, at the end of the year mom and I are going to turn the fabric swatches into a quilt for the baby.  It's sort of a project inside of a project. 

I'm super excited that we thought to include all of my friends into the fun though.  We asked that people bring a piece of fabric to contribute to the project.  Partly because I've got 52 weeks of fabric to buy, but mostly because this way each of the pieces really means something.  So, the Packers fabric for example, came from my dad, and the fish fabric in front there came from Andy. 

I'm so excited to start this project and I'll be blogging my way through it so you all can see how it's going.  I'll be back in the next few days with more baby shower photos for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment