Thursday, June 21, 2012

Progress!


Some might call this mess the opposite of progress, but I disagree.  You see, this mess, is only a small portion of the contents of our guest bedroom turned baby room.  We are still working hard to find the perfect home for ourselves, but with less than 10 weeks until this baby is due, it's time to face the house hunting facts and start prepping the town house for our newest addition.  So, a few weeks back, Ryan and I took the queen sized bed out of the new baby's room and moved it into storage.  With only a two bedroom townhouse, we are going to add a futon to the loft area so people will still have someplace to sleep. 

However, I'd found that it was way too easy to just close the door to that room and pretend like I didn't have a huge job ahead of me.  So, this past week, when Ryan and I headed home from vacation a day early, I took my free day off and started making a mess.  You see, I HATE messes.  Especially ones that I caused and can fix.  So, I knew that if I created a place I couldn't live, I was bound to get to work.


Actually, this mess is after I started cleaning up.  I was so focused on cleaning up that I forgot I wanted to snap a few pics.  Basically, I started by unloading everything into the loft.  At first I thought I'd start by downsizing and organizing, but it was easier to just make a huge pile and figure it all out later *smile.  Then, once I had the room cleaned out it was time to start painting.  Before I go to far, don't worry, I bought NO VOC paint which is totally safe to paint with when pregnant, and Captain Safety (ie Ryan) made sure I was careful and safe. 

I painted Tuesday, Wednesday evening and a little tonight, and it's finally finished.  I've got to say, second coats are far less rewarding and satisfying than first coats, but they are necessary none the less.  I love, love, LOVE the color I ended up with.  So many times I think I've picked the right color only to be disappointed when I get it on the wall.  This color did not disappoint and I am so happy with it.

I want to keep the room a surprise until I can do a big reveal once it's all together.  But, I'll give you a little sneak peak of the color to tease you.


I'm not sure how the color will translate on the web, but it's a grey color.  I wanted to go neutral (you know, because we are waiting til birthday to find out if this little one is a boy or a girl), but I knew I didn't want to go with the traditional yellow/green look.  I've got big plans for this room and I can't wait to show it to you.

I had so much fun starting to work in the room.  It helps to make it all seem that much more real.  As if the giant belly in front of me isn't enough to make it feel real *smile.  I can't wait to get some furniture in here and see how it all comes together.

Finally, I've got vacation pictures from our trip Up North and some photos from the maternity shoot mom and I did together coming your way so stay tuned.  It's just going to take me a bit to get them all edited.  I'm teaching myself Photoshop so I've got some work ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment