Thursday, April 7, 2011
Another knitting blog post...beware!
That's right folks...THE FIDDLE HEAD MITTENS ARE FINALLY DONE!!! Don't they look great? I'm so happy with them. There are a few things I plan to tweak with the next pair (yep, there's gonna be a next pair), but I'm so glad that I took a risk and tried this pattern out.
Here's some specifics (so feel free to skip this part if you don't care, but keep scrolling because there is more). Yarn: Cascade 220, 6 skeins
Colorways (top to bottom): Summer Sky, Azure, Unknown (I lost one of the bands...dang!), Plum, Misty Lilac and the Fiddleheads are Chocolate. Lined with Plum.
Needles: Size 4 DPN's
I think I got the gauge right on this one, but will make the insides slightly smaller next time, maybe pick up a few less stitches from the I-cord and definitely make them shorter since they have to fit inside the outer layer.
Anyways, the took me a little longer than I wanted, and it's going to be 80 degrees on Sunday so I probably won't need these babies for a few months, but they will be there, ready for me in the closet when the weather starts to turn cold again.
It was a good idea to use the same yarn on the inside, but it sure was a close call:
Finally, here's a little sneak peak of where that Daily Sweater I frogged should have started: