Friday, January 12, 2024

Snow Day

 


When life hands you some lemons (snow days and kids home for literally THREE WEEKS in a row due to Christmas break and the flu)....well...might as well go play in the snow and make the most of it.  Just rolls of the tongue, right??  HA!


Ryan and I decided we needed to try out these snow shoes while we had 8-12 inches for fresh "pow-pow" to quote Ryan.  I asked him how many times he thought it was going to say that when we were in Yellowstone and he said "enough for it to be annoying".  I told him it already was.  (Kidding...kind of).  We're considering a 5 mile hike in these bad boys in 2ish weeks when we are in Yellowstone so I'm glad I got the chance to try them out.  It wasn't as hard as I thought, certainly easier than without them on in the deep snow.  But just one loop around the path/yard and I was hot and thirsty! 



Look at that sweet kid.  You know what she's doing?  Making homemade chocolate Nutella cupcakes.  Her idea...she made them all herself and did all the dishes herself.  This is not the child who wasn't able to cut her own apple this summer.  We've made some progress with confidence over the past 6 months and I'm really proud of her.  I might by her a kids cookbook (she got a baking book for Christmas) and see if she can start making dinners for the family too!  One step at at time toward independence.  Operation Raise Capable Children is still very much in effect at the McGrath house.

No comments:

Post a Comment