Monday, January 1, 2024

New Years!


There were a lot of years that we spent New Years Eve a the lake when we didn't have kids and then even when we did...but they were too little to be able to get a sitter and go out (did I ever really like going out on New Years?).  But, it's been a long time since we got a crew together to head out there for the holiday.  It usually depends on the timing of New Years Eve.  Since Ryan's mom's side of the family always does New Years Day on the southside of Chicago, going to the lake makes a lot of sense.  We drive right through that area to get home.


Long story short, this year NYE was on a Sunday so we got a small group together (Meg/Greg/Jenny/Jack) and headed to the lake with the kiddos on Saturday for a chill weekend with the cousins.  Having enough bedrooms so rarely happens at the lake, that we all felt like we were living in the twilight zone!  We even had a few unused rooms in the end.


During the summer weekends there is plenty to do right at the house without ever feeling like we need to leave to find activities to keep everyone occupied.  But, on these long, cold, dark days of winter, I start to feel a little trapped without a reason to go out and get some fresh air and some new scenery.  So, we decided to take the kids bowling early Sunday afternoon (NYE) before all the crazies came out.  


The kids did a great job bowling.  We got the three older kids a lane to themselves.  Put the 4 younger ones on a second lane and then the 6 adults did our best to bowl and help the little through their game.  I think we stuck it out for at least 2 hours, maybe longer...I can't remember!  I remember the days the we struggled to get through one game before everyone had lost interest and lost their patience with the place.  


Ellie with her breadstick rolling around on the floor was a vibe I just couldn't resist.  


And, you know what else happened?! I think I might have bowled my best game ever!  That's right, that 138 up there, that's all me baby!  Is it a good score?  Nope?  Is it my personal best?  I think so.  Am I bragging...?  Yup...sure am!


No comments:

Post a Comment