Sunday, January 7, 2024

Ski Trip


We've taken the kids skiing the last two years and this year we vowed that we'd find two weekends this winter to take them in hopes of them gaining some momentum and confidence to really feel like they can actually ski.  Last year we ended on a high note.  All three of the bigger girls could do Rookies Ridge by themselves, confidently, and run the lift solo.  Lucy wasn't there yet so we knew we had work to do this year.  


So, we picked one weekend in Jan and one weekend in Feb to get these kiddos out on a hill in skis.  Want to know what happened?  Hazel ended up with the flu on Friday night just as we were getting ready for bed.  It was a long night, with lots of loads of laundry and in the end I stayed back with her for the day while everyone else went skiing.  So, I don't have a ton of stories of the day to share!


See, look how sad everyone was that we weren't there with them.  LOL!


Haze and I spent the day on the couch in the basement, watching movies, knitting and napping.  We both took a nap...my favorite part of the day was when Hazel feel asleep and I could take over control of the TV and watch some shows I wanted to watch.  I was sad to miss out of all the stories, and sad for Hazel that she missed the adventure, and annoyed that I didn't bring my work computer (I could have gotten a lot done!)...but honestly, a cozy Saturday at home on the couch is not a bad way to spend the day!



At least we've still got February!  We should all be healthy by then...though....did I just jinx it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment