Tuesday, February 2, 2021

More Baby Quilts - Flannel

 


The funny thing about quilting for me is that it comes in fits and starts and it's almost entirely driven by fabric or pattern inspiration.  It seems like there will be times when I can't stop snapping up new quilting projects and other times, like now, where there isn't a project in sight.  Late last fall I came across this fabric and pattern combo and I knew it would be perfect for both boy and girl babies.  With no babies in sight, I grabbed enough to make two quilts and figured it would all sort itself out later.


Fast forward to early January and both these quilts are already planned for two new babies.  The first quilt went to my friend Lindsey and her new baby boy born in early Jan and the other is a secret for now.


The quilt is perfect for those winter/spring babies.  Its made out of Robert Kaufman flannel and it's soft, snuggly and I love the cascading rainbow pattern so much.  Both quilts measured 56x72 and we quilted both in Diagonal Plaid.


For backing, I used these quilts as an opportunity to use up some big sections of fabric I've had laying around from other projects.  Sometimes I want a nice, solid pattern on the back, and other quilts, like these for kids are more fun when you add some fun novelty fabric.  Novelty fabric tends to have more fun patterns and colors and I find that baby quilts are a great opportunity to use them up.







No comments:

Post a Comment