Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Knitted Bobble Baby Blanket


Another handmade craft finished a few weeks back.  When I saw this pattern on Purl Soho (one of my favorite yarn and pattern shops) I scooped it up right away and got to work!  The pattern sample was shown in a beautiful pink and yellow making it look like a glass of lemonade straight out of summer.  But, I chose these more muted colors.  Its hard to see here but it's a very light lavender with a burnt orange color for the boarder.  


The pattern itself is really quite easy for the majority of the blanket - you straight up knit for rows and rows and rows.  But, what gives it it's character are the adorable bobbles around the outside.  These were NOT so easy!  Those rows were slow going, but I think it is totally worth it.  I was a little unhappy with how the corners turned out, I'm not sure why they didn't line up better making a full square, but that's what you get with a handmade item!  I little extra character.

This blanket is going to Greg and Meg's new baby due sometime in May.  It's so lovely to have some things stockpiled and already finished a few months ahead of baby showers.  It's so much less pressure!  We'll see if I'm able to maintain my head start this year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment