Friday, January 29, 2021

Homemade Igloo


Oh gosh - somehow this ALWAYS happens to me. We are hot and heavy on the blog from summer to Christmas and then, January hits and we snuggle up inside and are on the go a lot less meaning I end up with fewer blog posts in the early part of the year.  Well, believe it or not, these pictures are actually from a few weeks ago and we've added even more snow to the mix since then!


While the kids were still remote learning, earlier in Jan, Abby's art teach assigned them a 3D art project and challenged them to make something outside in the snow.  Abby chose a snow fort (or Igloo) and Ryan didn't hesitate to get them the pile of snow they needed - now that he's got the tractor to do the heavy lifting.


Of course, he can't resist the opportunity to say "See, another great use for this tractor" which I've fought him on for so many months.  But, in truth, I DO see some benefits to it now that we've got it.  I'll regret putting that down on paper before I know it.  

It's a little unfair of me to post a picture with me and this Igloo since literally the only thing I helped with was snapping these pictures.  Ryan was off moving wood around when we got these pictures so even though he did most of the work, he's not even here to memorialize it.  Good thing I've got these stories written down so we'll all remember that he did the hard work of shoveling out that little hole for them.

Fast forward just a few weeks and now the bunnies seem to have been making this a little home - the girls tell me there is lots of bunny poop inside there.  HA!  I have a feeling this snow pile will be here in our front yard until May...but, it's the memories that count, right?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment