Monday, May 13, 2013

My first Mother's Day (well, second if you count last year and a baby in my belly *smile)

We had a great weekend!!  Ryan got home from Kansas City early afternoon on Friday so he was home and we got to spend the whole weekend together.  Instead of trying to cram in too many projects in one short weekend, we decided to work on some of those smaller projects that have been lingering and just need to be FINISHED already.  But, before we get into the hard work, let me tell you about Mother's Day!  Stay tuned for more posts on pool clean-up, front door color changes, and the finishing touches on the bathroom (yeah, that bathroom we started months ago!). 

First Ryan took Abby and let me sleep in.  It was glorious!  When I woke up, they were gone.  They'd run to the grocery store to get a few things.  I thought about brewing a cup of coffee and sitting on our back deck, but the sunshine was misleading.  It was CHILLY!  So I cleaned up the kitchen and watered a few plants.  When they got back Ryan had picked up some tulips for me from him and "some mum's for her Mum" from Abby, an US weekly (I love that crap!) and a silly card.  We ate breakfast and then decided to go for a little hike.  There are tons of forest preserves around us so we picked one we hadn't been to and headed off on an adventure.  Can you believe we were literally the ONLY ones there?  It was such a nice morning and being Mother's Day I was sure that more families would be out, but we had the whole place to ourselves.  I wished we'd have brought the dogs along too.  We walked for about an hour, just looping our way through the trails.  Abby was so good....just soaking it all in (and keeping her eyes closed because somehow the sun was always in her eyes!).


Couldn't resist the opportunity for a quick family photo!





After our hike, we headed home to start draining the pool so Ry could work on it when we got home.  The knitting store in St. Charles was running a Mother's Day sale for 20% off yarn and I've got a big project in the works so I wanted to make sure to get there.  We did a few quick things around the house and jumped back in the car to head to St. Charles.  While I was looking at yarn, Ryan and Abby went next door to wait.


Here's how they spent Mother's Day while I was shopping away!  Sadly I didn't find what I needed at the store, so I met them next door for a drink.  It was a long drive for a beer and some pretzels but who cares, we were together! 

We made a quick stop at the pool store, grabbed some ice cream and headed home.  We ended the day with ribs, beer and friends.  All in all, it was a great first Mother's Day!!

Hope everyone else had as nice of a weekend as we did!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete