Thursday, May 16, 2013

Can you pick out the update?

Just to give you a little hint:


That's the before.  And here is the after:

Pretty hard to see from here, but this one will really give it away.

It's a little blurry, but you can definatly tell that we painted our front door!!

And the back door.  Well, one of the back doors.  Of course, after doing them, and putting away all the paint and brushes Ryan smiles and says "you forgot that the door in the basement is red....and the one to the garage".  To which I might have not so nicely responded "Don't pretend like you knew that all along and were letting me figure it out on my own.  You'd have told me to buy more paint!"

In any case, I'm really happy with the color.  Ryan needed a little convincing when we were at the store.  He hated the red and no matter what I did, I couldn't convince him of a nice bright, cheery yellow, so I choose blue and called it a day.  Ryan still wasn't sold until I had it all finished and pulled the tape off.
Survey says:  We love it!!  I'll be painting the other doors this weekend I think.

Oh, and!  We also re-did the fire pit.  It used to be a big square just dug in the ground but Ryan reused some pavers we found in another area of the yard and build this little beauty.  I can't wait to have you all over for a bonfire and pool party.

Side story:  As Ryan was pounding down the dirt and rocks for the pit, our neighbor came over and asked "Now what are you working on"?  Ry listed off all of our projects for the weekend.  Brian then asked, "Are you going for a run after this then too"?  Ry laughed and said no.  He responded "Good!  You guys are going to use up all of your heart beats!".  I think that's the best way to describe just how hard my hubby works.  I'd like to say that I contribute too, but mah man is one hard working dude ladies and gents.  We've turned our house around pretty quickly in these last few months and it's mostly because Ryan tirelessly works to make it perfect.  Gotta love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment