Monday, October 3, 2011

Who needs a TV antenna anymore?

One thing that you can pretty much count on these days is a "project" happening when we are at the lake.  In the 4 years that I've been around we've redone a bathroom, added a gazebo, re-roofed the a garage, upgraded the family room and tons of other smaller projects to try and improve the lake house.  A few weeks ago (yep, blogger backup!), the boys decided it was time to get rid of the old TV antenna on the back corner of the house.  Of course, it's part of a larger project, to add a walkway from the front of the house to the back deck, but for the moment they decided to take the project bit by bit.


Sorry about that crazy lighting, but here is a quick shot of the project at hand.  You can see that it's sort of sandwiched in between the corner of the house and that gazebo we added a few summers ago. 



Can you spy my spidery husband climbing up the antenna?  So, the plan was that he'd climb to the top and hook up a few ropes to it.  Then, Chris and Greg would use the ropes to help guide the antenna down as Ryan cut it near about 1/3 of the way up.  Again, I've got video's and I know I've promised it before and not delivered but I'm going to give it one more try.

But first, a few more normal pictures....



This was about the point that Ellyn gave up on watching and went back inside.  It was a little too stressful for her watching Ryan climb to the tippy top.  Like I said, he climbed up to attach a few ropes so the guys could guide it down.



Here's a shot of the other manly men helping out with the project...


Alright, video time.  Fingers crossed people!


Yes, I know that its lopsided...and no, I don't know how to fix it just yet!  Ha!  But hey, lets celebrate my accomplishment, at least I got a video embedded.  And, ya know what?  It's way more fun to watch the video then it is to just see pictures of it.  So, since I've finally figured it all out, there's another one coming your way!


And with that, the project is over.  Admittedly, it's not a huge change right now, but once we add the walkway I think we are going to love it!!  Can't wait to see what projects we do next at the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment