Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fiddlehead Mittens

Have you ever started a project and known right off that you were going to fall head over heals in love with it?  That it would soon become all encompassing and that you wouldn't be able to think of starting anything else (or finishing anything else either) until you are finished with it? 

Well....here is my new most favorite project:
http://helloyarn.com/fiddleheadmittens.htm

I just love them...don't you??  They are so beautiful and perfect it was like love at first sight when I stumbled on this pattern.  Ok, I will pause for a second and let all of those who want to tease me for loving to knit.  Go ahead, tease away, because I really do enjoy it.  Just don't ask me to knit for you later on (smile!). 

These are my first attempt at quite a few knitting skills.  I've never done colorwork before (how it changes color throughout the pattern) and I've never done a mitten before.  But I just loved the pattern so much that I decided I would just start it and see how it went.

Here are a few pictures to show you how its coming along. 


Don't you love them too?  I can't wait to show you a finished one!
 Anyways, I will blog the yarn colors and specifics later but I was so excited about by how great they are coming along that I just couldn't resist a little sneak peak to brag a little.

Oh...and I'm nearly finished on my first attempt at a 3D project...my first sweater (I started these mittens just 2 days ago, LONG after the sweater).  I will blog that later on as well....

I just can't wait to show you everything I've been up to!!

3 comments:

  1. I like! I might try it myself...the knitting thing:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I think I need to try something more simplier since I don't know how to knit...any suggestions, sadie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a knitting class at a local knitting store. It was 1 night a week for maybe 4 weeks. I learned a ton....and I'm so glad I did it. But, you could probably teach yourself using YouTube. I go there all the time when I need to learn a new sticth etc. The first thing I made was this:
    http://brooklyntweed.blogspot.com/2007/04/noro-scarf.html

    It's REALLY easy...you only need to know two stiches (knit and purl) and it looks complex. The yarn does all the work for you though.

    Email me if you want more details on it. It's SUPER easy and a great starter project.

    ReplyDelete