Saturday, May 25, 2024

Spring Crafts



(March 22)

It's time to move from my spring post to summer, so I'm doing a quick round up of the projects I've been working on for the past few months.  I started a lot of things that I'm ALMOST finished with - so I expect my summer round up to have a lot of finishes and starts.


(March 23)

Last Christmas I found the most perfect pattern for a homemade Christmas tree skirt.  Pattern first, then fabric!  Admittedly the fabric is looking a little chaotic, but I think once it's all together and under the tree with presents it'll be alright.


(March 24)

This project is the first time I've tried a few things - round sewing (it's hard!), cutting with a pattern (thanks, Ry for the wooden template, it helped a TON!), and the first time I've tried to quilt the three layers together in a long long time.  This project wouldn't fit on a longarm machine, and it's small enough that I feel like I can manage it in my own sewing machine.  Oh!  I am also going to try and hand quilt this as well.  Mostly for added effect and less for the actual assembly.  


(March 24)

Knitting while I wait to board a plane to who knows where!?!

This knitted blanket is coming along nicely.  I'm making it out yarn Purl Soho sent me for free when I asked about discounts for knitters who work on behalf of charities.  This blanket will be going to Project Linus in McHenry County.  


(March 31)

(April 9)

Knitting while we wait for the Eclipse!


(April 17)

Knitting on the back porch because it was finally starting to get nice out and you just have to sit outside when it's like that in April!

(April 21)



These quilts I've posted before sending them to the quilter, but I finally got them bound and labeled and ready to gift.  This one went to Dave and Erin for their wedding shower (it was quite the hit!) and the other one that looked nearly exactly the same with to Liam, Liz and Bobby's second baby.  I'm kicking myself for not grabbing a photo of that one before I gifted it, because the quilting was super cute!  We did it in a pattern that included dump trucks and cement trucks.  It was adorable for a baby boy!  Sometimes I shy away from the quilting that looks "kiddy" because I want the blankets to grow with the kids - but this one turned out super cute.



I've posted this one before too, but it's back from the quilter, bound and labeled.  This one is going to my friend Lindsay's new baby, Jane.  We'll be seeing them in August on our way home from Acadia and I can't wait to gift this to her in person!




(April 28)

I'm getting closer on this knitted blanket.  I've traveled a lot in the first 5 months of the year and that's given me lots and lots of knitting time!


(April 30)

(May 5)

Finally on the fourth triangle!  It's getting too big to travel with (takes up too much space in my carry on) so on my last trip I switched to working on the last two Acadia hats.  These National Park hats are super easy and quick!  I can make on from start to finish in about a week.

(May 20)

I've got 4 of these finished, labeled, and waiting on pom poms.  I'm going to try and finish these up this week so they are ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment