Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Summer Knitting Projects

 

So many of the crafts I work on are SLOW going that I've decided these seasonal round ups are a fun way to document my progress in one spot without needing to create individual posts whenever I eventually finish something - plus!  It let's me share more realistic timelines.  Sometimes it appears like I whip these things out, when in reality there are weeks, even months behind the process.



First up are these adorable kitten siblings that I made for Abby.  Back around Easter I snagged a kit and pattern of bunnies that I knew Hazel would love.  A little while later the same maker (Barret Wool Co) released a kit for these two kittens, I knew I needed to snatch it up for Abby.


I have to agree with Erin, the faces on these two are so different.  I suppose thats part of what makes them unique and handmade and special.  To me, the girl kitten looks so snoody and maybe a little angry (or like she smelled something bad?!)  The boy looks peacful and happy (and sleepy) like the pattern intended.  LOL!


Up next is a blanket pattern that I am LOVING, but it is SLOW going.  The yarn is so thin and it's knit on size 3 needles (my second lap size blanket on size 3 needles in under a year - Erin's Christmas present last year was also on size 3's).  This will be a perfect, light weight summer throw when it's done.  


I started this project when we got back from your Yellowstone trip - so call it mid July.  I've been knitting on it most nights and the last picture in this post was taken on September 17th - so roughly two months of continuous work.  If you ever wonder why handmade things are so expensive, it's because this stuff takes time!  But there's so much love woven into these fibers.  Sure, you could buy something similar at the store for maybe $50-$100...but I believe this is better.  



Also - I sit in the same spot on the couch, in sweat pants an awful lot! Ryan calls it my "nightly plop" and I'm not even embarrassed about it in the least!   


A few weeks ago I started in on the first quilt I've made in nearly a year.  I'll share some progress pics of that in my Fall Craft Roundup.  

No comments:

Post a Comment