Thursday, September 2, 2021

Six Flags


This year for Abby's birthday Ryan/Erin and Dan took the girls to Six Flags!  You'll notice that I am very much missing from these pictures and stories and that's because, if you know me at all, you know that exactly NOTHING about this day would be fun for me - well, that's not totally true.  I DO wish I could have been there to see their faces and to hear their stories, but rides and roller coasters are just not my jam.  The older I get, the worse my vertigo and general motion sickness gets so I sat this adventure out.


Since I wasn't there I'm not sure that I have many stories to share with you about the day, but I'll do my best.  

First up - the Challenge Ride.  Abby is, by nature, a cautious, worrier.  It's probably my fault, she probably inherited these traits from me.  But, we've been working with her to be willing to try new things that helping her to push her boundaries.  Abby is quick to define what she is not willing to do or what will be too scary for her so when we told her they were going to Six Flags she quickly said that she didn't want to go on any upside down rides, or rides with twists, or....or...or.  Which, it's ok to know your limits (I knew mine and chose not to even go!)...but sometimes it stops her from being willing to even explore new things that we really do believe she'd like.  So, we told her that she needed to do ONE challenge ride when they were at Six Flags.  One ride that seemed to scary but she'd push herself to try, just in case it turned out fun and she loved it.  


I think, in the end, they did a few rides that seemed to scary, though Erin said she thinks the Wizzer was the hardest one.  I love seeing the look of excitement (and FUN) on the kids faces in these pictures.  Even little Hazel with her arms raised into the air - no fear!


The day they went was hot - I bet it was in the mid 80's and they ended up staying for WAY longer than I'd have expected.  I think they got to the part around 10:30 and stayed til 6 or 6:30.  The kids came home sweaty and tired.  Hazel was so pooped she feel asleep in the car on the way home!



After a full day at the park and a lunch that consisted of 3 corn dogs and a set of chicken fingers, costing a whopping $63, the adults decided to go to Olive Garden for dinner.  Ryan said the kids loved the pasta but weren't too sure about the "spicy" garlic bread.  But, the biggest hit of dinner was when they told the waitress it was Abby's birthday and she got her own special birthday dessert.  The kids first experienced a restaurant freebie dessert earlier this summer when we went to Benihana for Hazels' birthday.  I think it might be one of their new favorite things about having a birthday.  Which, is so funny because I feel like, as adults, we all shy away from the theatrics of restaurant birthdays - the kids though, they thrive on it!


This picture of Hazel cracks me up!  It's like you can see her starting to crash right here before your eyes.  

All in all the day was a complete success and I think the adults had just as much fun, if not more, than the kids.  Ryan enjoyed it so much he convinced me to spring for season tickets for the kids again next year so he can take them.  I think their tickets are even good for Fright Fest this year, so there might even be one more Six Flags run left in this year.  


No comments:

Post a Comment