Wednesday, January 6, 2021

A Quilt for Auntie Terri


Now that the holidays have come and gone, its time for me to share some of the gifts I made during the late summer/fall.  This quilt came across my Instagram feed and as soon as I saw it I knew that I wanted to make it and that it would be for Auntie Terri.  I honestly can't say what about it made me think of her but it was so feminine and pretty and I just fell in love with the fabric combination.  


The pattern is by a local Chicago quilter, Suzy Quilts who I started following a year or so ago when Chirch - a friend of Ryan's from college turned my friend told me about her. Her quilts tend to be a little more modern which, is sometimes my style...sometimes not.  Anyways, the pattern and the fabric together were an instant hit for me and I pushed "buy" really quickly.


These triangles were MUCH easier to make than the ones used in my Christmas Poinsettia quilt I made last year.  Which, now that I think about it, was also a pattern by Suzy Quilts.  


All in all, I just loved this one!  Almost so much that I considered keeping it.  The final dimensions were 56x56 (I decided I really prefer a rectangle quilt, even for a lap blanket).  We quilted it in Pretty Posies in a light pink thread and it turned out so so pretty.  


Gosh, I didn't realize I picked such a pretty background - the yard just before sunset one evening (before the snow hit!).  Our deck is currently covered in icy snow that'll probably be around for a few months now.







No comments:

Post a Comment