Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Knit animals for new babies


You know, my knitting never gets it's fair share of "air time" on my blog.  For some reason, since I started quilting, the knitting has fallen off the radar.  But, that doesn't mean I haven't been making things!  In fact, the announcement that Ryan's friend Christine, from college, was having TWIN BOYS really kicked me into high gear! 


I knew it would be a stretch to try and get two quilts out the door before the babies came, but knit animals, those I could do!  Aren't these two little guys sweet?  I sort of forgot how fun these guys were to knit.  Joey bought me a book of knit animal patterns LONG ago!  Like, maybe before Abby was born?  Anyways, they are fun because they are made up of lots of small pieces.  I could usually knit a piece or two a night so it feel like you are making progress and they come together pretty quickly.


But - I have to say - I will NEVER AGAIN make anything that uses "loopy stitch".  That's the stitch that made the lion's mane.  It's adorable, and totally makes the animal.  But it was the biggest pain in the you know what.  I think I gave myself carpel tunnel trying to get that dang thing done!

No comments:

Post a Comment