Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Baby Murphy-Blair: Quilt


When I came across this fabric I just knew I'd have to make it into a cute baby girl quilt.  In fact, I bought the fabric without even having a baby in mind!  I knew I'd use it up eventually.  Enter Baby XXXX.


I started with simple 5 inch blocks and originally planned to just line them up and piece them together, but after I had it all laid out I got the genius idea to try turning them on point.  I couldn't help myself...it was too cute to resist.  The down side of running them on point is that the finished quit ended up much smaller this way (more waste at the edges).  But at nearly 50x50 its still a great size for a baby blanket.


The other great thing about a quilt this size is how quickly it can come together.  I cut, planned and pieced this entire quilt in one (cold/rainy/sleety) Saturday in May - yep, you read that correctly!  SLEET...in May.  It was highly depressing, but this fun fabric helped bring some much needed color and brightness into my Saturday.



After sending it off to be quilted, I loved it even more!  From there it's a pretty fast process to finish it up.  Just binding and adding the label and you're all finished!  I was able to get it off in the mail and to Jenny and Jack before baby Juno was even here!


Yep - Jenny and Jack welcomed sweet baby Juno while we were camping in Kentucky this past weekend.  I started the blog post and pictures before sending the quilt off the the quilted but didn't want to post anything until they'd received the gift.  Through the magic of time lapse I started a quilt in May, posted about it in June and between that time, a baby was born!  HAHA!


Anyways, I hope baby Juno loves this just as much as I do and I hope she gets many great years of snuggles and love into it!




No comments:

Post a Comment