Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Dear Abby (age 5)

Dear Abby ~


Five!  Since when does five years fly by in the blink of an eye?  But, here we are.  You were my first baby.  The one that made me a Mommy and taught me how to love with my entire being.  You are the sweetest little girl with a heart of gold. You are kind and gentle most of the time, but lately, I've been seeing your 5 year old bossy side coming out. It's hard when I hear you use my words/tone back at me or your sister so I try to remember to have patience and to model good behavior.  

This year, instead of me answering the questions for you, I decided to let you answer in your cute adorable 5 year old way.  Year over year, I ask the same questions so we can see how you change over time.

Favorite Color: "Blue".  This has been true since you were first able to express your favorite color...you've loved blue forever and forever and I'm pretty sure this one is here to stay.  Though sometimes you'll answer "blue and pink and black".  I'm not sure where that comes from...HA!


Favorite Foods: "Butter Noodles, juice and milk and water."

A silly answer though mostly true.  You DO love Butter Noodles so much that I had to make a rule where you are only allowed to have them once a week.  You've been doing so much better in the last 6 months of eating new things and branching out.  Back in March I put the whole family on a diet and decided I was done cooking more than one meal a night.  I was tired of making one thing for me and Daddy and another meal for you and Hazel so we just put our foot down and didn't give in even when you didn't eat a single bite for dinner.  We stayed strong and you realized you were stuck with what was on your plate.  You aren't always happy about it, and a few nights a week I DO still make a second meal for you and Hazel, but all in all, I think we've come pretty far on this front since last year and the days of Mac & Cheese, Chicken Nuggets and Butter Noodles.  Here's to being adventurous, trying veggies and eating things you've never tasted before.


Favorite Outfit: "Princess Elena PJs from Bubby. Go Pack Go shirt and dance outfits."

You sure were in a silly mood last night when I asked you these questions but this is pretty accurate as well.  You love your new Disney Princess PJ dresses and you've always been my little Go Pack Go girl....since the beginning (more on that later).  I'd say that as you're getting older you are starting to voice your opinions on what you wear more often but you are still pretty easy going.  Some mornings you'll let me pick but others you are determined to make us late by changing out of whatever I've already picked to put on your own choice.  You like dresses and anything blue.  But the first thing you pull out of the drawer after laundry day is ALWAYS your Ninja Turtle T-shirt (pictured below).

You are a teeny girl and still wear size 2t-3t undies and you fit in size 3t shorts better than any size.  But, for jeans, you are all the way in 5t's which means the fall off your teeny tiny waist so we're going to have to start feeding you milk shakes and ice cream every night to fatten you up!  Don't get me wrong, it's been great on the clothes budget to have you wearing the same size for nearly 2 years but we've definitely seen a growth spurt in the last few months and I have a feeling you'll be needing a whole new wardrobe here for the fall.


Favorite Toy: "Sky High Bridge Jump and my kitties."

Sky High Bridge jump was a Santa gift that was reinvigorated by an expansion pack from Auntie Erin for your birthday. It's current reassembled in the basement and taking up at least 30 square feet of floor space.  And three Beanie Baby kitties have become your favorite friends to bring to daycare.  It used to be all Owie all the time, and he (well, they...there are 4 of them) are still in full on rotation and a requirement at bed time but lately you've been really into these kitties.

Height/Weight: I'm bummed I didn't think to ask you this question because I have no doubt your answer would have been entertaining....oh well, next year.  Instead, I'll take the answer straight from your 5 year check up.  You are 42.5 inches tall (3 feet 6.5 inches and weigh 34.2 lbs.  That puts you in the 60th% for height and 17th% for weight.  It's a big jump since last year when you were in the 16% and 11% respectively.  See...a growth spurt for sure!



Favorite TV Show: "Thomas and Friends and Mickey's Halloween Adventure."

I'm not totally sure I agree with your answers to this one. These are just the latest movies you were eyeing downstairs when I was asking you the questions.  Your favorite shows are on Disney Jr.  Mostly because it's all we let you watch at home...so...if I was answering for you I'd say Elena, Sofia the First, Mickey and PJ Masks are among your favorites.


Bears or Packers?: "The Bears AND the Packers."

It's true, this IS what you always say.  You know that Daddy and I are split on who we like and you really would like to play the middle ground on this one.  If we ask, you always say that you like them both the same and you are always trying to get Daddy and I to agree that we like to "other team" just a little bit.  It's a hard sell for us to agree but you can keep liking whomever you like little peanut (though...lets keep cheering for those Packers, ok?).


Fears: "Spiders."

I know exactly where you got this answer....you were asking me if you could watch Charlotte's Web when we were doing this so I'd have to say that this is not true at all.  I mean, you don't love bugs...that's true but it's not really your biggest fear.  I'd say that you don't like thunder, though you're doing better now that I told you it was just God bowling in Heaven.  You sometimes wake me up in the middle of the night saying that you are "a little nervous in your room because it's dark" but I don't really think you're afraid of the dark either.  You like to sleep with a little lantern or flash light most nights but you don't always have them on and you are fine sleeping other places without a night lights so I wouldn't totally count this one as a full on fear either.



Favorite Movies: "Trolls and Charlotte's Web."

HA!  See, I told you that's why you said Spiders were your biggest fear - Charlotte's Web.  I do have to agree that Trolls is your number one favorite movie right now.  You love the music (which Daddy and I don't mind either) and you request it often.  We tease you about being a Bergen which you hate...but Trolls is definately on repeat at our house these days.  We have to try really hard to convince you to try watching anything else.  But, Moana and Sign are new recent ones working their way up into the favorite spot.  I'm interested to see how this answer changes when we go to Disney this fall and get to see the characters in real life!

Happy Birthday my little peanut!  Here's to watching you grow and become the sweetest little lady we know!

No comments:

Post a Comment