Monday, July 24, 2017

Family Bike Ride


Last weekend my dad coordinated a family bike ride near New Glarus, Wisconsin.  So, we loaded up the kids, a cooler, all of our bikes, and the burleys for the kids (man it takes a LOT of stuff to move 10 people!) and we headed out on a family bike ride.  The ride itself wasn't too long or too hard.  About 11 miles on one of the Wisconsin Rails to Trails bike routes. But, probably the coolest (literally and figuratively) part of the ride was that we got to go through an old train tunnel about half way through the ride.

It was completely dark inside so we had flashlights to help guide the way.  The temperature inside was maybe 20 degrees cooler than the outside air temp so it was a welcome site when we came back through the tunnel on the way back to our cars.


All in all, it was a great day with family and I'm so glad I brought along my real camera and made everyone stop for two seconds to take some pictures.  It always seems like such a hassle in the moment to grab big group photos but I NEVER regret it later.  Thanks for putting up with me guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment