Thursday, August 17, 2017

Abby's First Day of Kindergarten


Can you believe it's here?  The first day of Kindergarten??  I certainly can NOT!


Let me tell ya, first time Mommies...the whole first day of school thing is uncharted territory.  I feel like I'm missing about 90% of the information 100% of the time...but somehow we made it on the bus (on time) on the first day of school and this little kiddo could not be more excited.


Last night we had the school open house where we met her teacher, found her desk, put away all her school supplies and found out the bus schedule.  We must have asked Abby a few too many times if she was excited because she finally said "Can you stop asking me if I'm excited because it gets stuck in my head" which I think meant, "Stop dwelling on it...I'm getting nervous and I can't stop thinking about it".

I was ALWAYS super nervous about the first day of school so I totally get the feeling!


Today she seemed much more excited about it then she was last night.  Especially the bus!  We walked down to the end of the driveway together and waited for about 5 minutes and let me tell you, was she ever excited when she saw the bus stopping a few houses away.  There is a video at the bottom of it...so check it out!



I didn't cry a single tear until the bus door closed and pulled away.  Then it hit me...she's a big kid now!  But, two tears and I was done.  This is what we raise them for, right?  To go out into the world and learn and grow and be good people!  Fly my little bird....fly!


PS:  Sign credit to talented Auntie Erin.  Isn't it awesome!!  She's starting her first day of school next week...on her way to be a graphic designer.  Thanks Auntie!!!

We asked Abby these same questions last year.  Click  here to see how she answered last year.


No comments:

Post a Comment