Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Abby's First Day of Preschool


As if having her turn four wasn't enough for me to feel like her little life is moving in fast forward.  Abby started her first day of preschool this morning and this little peanut was VERY excited to be going to school on a bus like a big kid.  

Abby is attending Little Blessing Preschool that is run out of a Lutheran church very close to our house.  The best part (for me) is that the preschool runs a little van for about 6 kids and she's able to be bussed from daycare and back again.  Originally we weren't planning on sending her to preschool, mostly because the logistics of getting her to and from would make it nearly impossible for me to work during the mornings.  Once we found out there was a bus option we knew this would be the perfect fit for us.


We first started socializing the idea of her going to school just a few days after we moved in and I think it may have been a bit too much change for her to handle at the time. So, we've slowly been talking about it more and more over the past few weeks.  I think, between that, and her getting to pick her backpack she was finally convinced that she'd enjoy it.  She'll always be my little baby, but she's ready for school.  She's so smart and ready to learn so much more.  


This morning she was VERY excited to go to school.  She's been talking about it all weekend and she was so ready to go.  The first words out of her mouth this morning were "Is today school day?" so I knew she'd been thinking about it a lot.  I dropped her off and stuck around for about 20 minutes to get her settled.  As we walked through the church to her classroom I saw her excitement shift to nervousness and she was very quite, staying very close to me for the first little bit.  But, I was able to leave without tears (from her or from me) and I can't wait to hear all about her first day when she gets home tonight.


My daughter seems far too little to be carrying that backpack.  She's a tiny 5 pound baby in my eyes but she's ready!  I can't wait to see what this little person is going to do in life.  Today is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment