Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom

Mom's real Birthday is on Tuesday the 13th (actually, she was born on a Friday, but there is nothing unlucky about her) but I celebrated with her tonight instead.  Which meant that she got her Birthday present early.  Actually I'm not sure it's really fair to call this a Birthday present since she did buy the yarn herself, but I put in the blood, sweat and tears so I'm counting it.


I'm unhappy with the way the colors came out in the photo but it's the best that I could do with my little camera.  These mittens turned out exactly how I had wanted.  They are all wool and will be super warm this winter.  The colors are perfect for fall.  With a tweedy yarn in two shades of green, orange, purple and plum they would look great with a jean jacket or anything khaki.  I hope mom thinks of me often when she wears them.

I remember the day I sent her a picture of my newest project.  She was immediately in love and said that they looked like heirlooms.  I knit one pair, which you have already seen here to practice and see if I could really do them justice.  Then, once I knew I could knit them, we bought some amazing yarn and I got to work on this pair.  I have to admit, I'm a little sad to be leaving them with mom.  But, I know she will love them just as much as I do.

Love you always Mom!  Enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment