Monday, July 25, 2011

Jamie and Zach 7.23.11

Well, it's official, Jamie and Zach are officially married!!!  And, I want to start this blog post with a Congratulations to the happy couple...love you both!  So, that means, that I can finally, officially share the pictures of Jamie's dress.  For those of you that have been reading for awhile, you know that I had a few pictures from our dress shopping adventure but took them down to keep it a surprise for you all.



But, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, we all know we can't get to this picture without the rehearsal first right.  Well, I hope you have a few minutes, because this is going to be a long post!

The wedding festivities always start with a rehearsal so Friday afternoon after we checked into our house, we all drove to the wedding chapel near Apple River.  The place was Ah-Maz-Ing!!  Imagine the most beautiful, quaint church that the owners relocated onto their property.  I wish I had some pictures to show you all but it was simply perfect.  I was jealous!  Anyways, we rehearsed, just the normal stuff, walk in now, stand here, do this, move there, hold that, walk back out.  You all know the drill. 

After the rehearsal we drove back to Galena where we had the rehearsal dinner.  That part is always super fun and this time was no exception.  It's a great time because it's a much smaller setting and being part of the wedding pretty much dictates that you know a fair number of people there. 




I actually don't know if there are words to describe what is happening here....but I had to post it because it was too dang funny not to share.



I think this was a little bit more like what we had in mind....

Then, the next morning, all of the bridesmaids and a few special people came over to the house we had rented in Eagle Ridge where we all had our hair and make-up done.  The ladies from Elite Design impressed us all when they showed us their new technique of SEWING thread into your hair, instead of using a million billion bobby pins.  I've got to say, for a girl with a lion's mane of hair like me, this was freaking awesome!  It was tight enough to keep my hair up and off my neck, but loose enough to keep me from getting a headache within hours of having my hair put up.  Here are a few pictures of that whole event for you all.



See...a needle and thread!!



Gotta say, I love these people!!!

The weather has been crazy around here for the past week or week and a half, it's been HOT!  Really really hot, and this weekend was no exception.  We didn't see the 115 degree heat indexes that we got when it hit it's peak, but it was near 100 on Saturday when the wedding started.  Luckily, the little white church was air conditioned and lucky for those of us standing up, the air was located in the front of the church so we were pretty well off.  My mom, who sang stood up in the balcony, I'm sure got the short end of the air conditioning stick.  In any case, the day started with some strong storms, rain and lightening, but the wedding gods were good to us and the sun came out, blue sky and all in time for the ceremony. 


 The official "I Do" moment....




Check out this super cute happy couple!!


If you can't tell, I just love my new sunglasses!! 


I know, I know, this is the picture you all were waiting for....who cares about me, everyone wants to see that beautiful bride





Congrats Jamie and Zach!!  Love you forever and ever and wish you the best!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment