Saturday, May 20, 2023

Spring Crafts

 


I finally finished the knitted blanket I started way back in January/Feb.  Honestly, 3 months isn't too bad for a throw sized blanket.  It photographs a little crazy, but it was really an interesting pattern to knit.  I enjoyed it and it knitted up to be a very dense, very warm blanket in the end.


The pattern called for 7 skeins of each color yarn and I'd only just started the 6th skeins when the pattern came to an end and I cast off.  I was so surprised to find out I was done, because expected nearly 2 more skeins of knitting ahead.  Next time, I'd order only 6 of each color.


Turns out I finished it just in time to gift it to my manager, Peggy who just went out on short term disability leave for breast cancer.  She'll be out for 6 ish weeks and then will go through radiation after that.  It's a long road ahead for her and I hope this warm blanket can bring her comfort along the way.  


This spring I also shipped off three quilts to be quilted.  They are all throw sized and in this same pattern.  I have this one in the bright colorway and then I did two pastels - the same as the baby blanket I just gifted to baby Aubrey - though hers was baby blanket sized.  I should have these three back in a few months so I'll post the finished products of all three once I get them bound and completed.  

Up next are hats and a knitted moose for Hazel.  Those smaller projects should be quicker and easier than the blankets I've been working through.  I'll have a summer round up on projects later this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment