Friday, July 1, 2022

Hazel's 7th Birthday Party


Another summer birthday party is in the books!  Can you even believe this little girl is SEVEN years old!?  Because I can't!


I joked that a summer pool party is the only kind of party I know how to throw, but, truth be told, with late June and mid August birthday's and a pool, how could we do anything else!?  We didn't invite a huge crowd, just our normal friend group with kids.  We had about 30 people in total and it was so nice to have a smaller party where I felt like I could actually talk to people and hang out.


The kids believe that no party is complete without a pinata - how could I let them down!?  Plus, it gave me the chance to clean out some of our candy stash.



I think the cake was one of my favorite parts though!  This was Erin's idea and we worked on it for quite a few hours...we learned a lot and in the end, it came out BEAUTIFUL!  We pivoted when we were afraid we'd run out of frosting and I think I love where we landed even more than our original idea.  


The kids swam, we ate cake, sang Happy Birthday, opened presents and all in all had a great afternoon.  It was perfect - and I wish we could do it all over again, like Groundhog's Day but for birthday parties.



I don't know if you could get a more perfect snapshot of life with Hazel...this picture is so "her".  Just a girl, her current favorite thing (that Birthday balloon), a headband, off season pjs, just watching the other kids and taking it all in.  She is so sweet and make me laugh with the stuff she comes up with.  A more perfect Hazel never existed!

No comments:

Post a Comment