Friday, June 17, 2022

Spring Crafts

Yes, it's summer and I'm finally getting around to doing a quick round up of the projects from the spring.  These quarterly posts are turning into a great way for me to keep track of what I did when, and to share all the projects I've been working on.  I literally always have something on my needles or on the cutting table.  Sometimes I'm quick to get through things (like I was this spring) and other times it's SLOW going (like now)...but, there's always a project in the works and one waiting in the wings.




I loved the pattern from the winter quilt so much that I made it again in another colorway.  This one reminds me of summer and ice cream for some reason.  This, and the two other quilts I worked on over the winter are off at the quilters as we speak so when they come back I'll have a good bit of binding to work through, but, by late summer I should have three finished quilts to add to my stack for future gifting.


Oh!  And, I started Christmas gift knitting early this year.  This adorable hat is ready to go out the door (TBD on who it's going to).  It just needs a good blocking to even out the little color bursts and I can call this one done.  It's cute, right?


And - this blanket is FINALLY done as well!  This might have been one of the slowest projects I've ever knit and it wasn't for lack of attention.  It's knit with pretty fine yarn and on size 3 needles which, I knew would be slow, but not THIS slow.  I started this throw when we got back from Yellowstone last July.  In truth I finished it maybe a month or so now.  But, it took me nearly a year to finish.  My plan was to gift this, but, with the time I've got into it, I'm not sure I can part with it.  LOL!  We'll see!  We certainly don't need many more blankets around the house so maybe I'll be ready to give it away after I put some time between me and the project.



Isn't the pattern pretty though?  I really do love how this one turned out.  I was VERY careful when I was knitting it and there are very few mistakes in this one (rare for me - lol!).  The basketweave is so pretty and dainty.





No comments:

Post a Comment