Monday, May 2, 2022

Easter

 


Easter!  Another candy filled holiday, who can resist?  We had a great holiday weekend, spent with friends and family all right here in Marengo (I love it when the party comes to us!)


Of course we had a holiday cocktail!  Well, in this case, we had two.  On Saturday I made Paper Planes for Erin and I (a new drink I had in San Francisco a few weeks back), complete with these adorable paper plane garnishes that Mom made for me.  Our second holiday cocktail was a Cosmopolitan with an extra splash of edible glitter.  Somehow I don't have a photo of this one - but it turned out much better than I gave the edible glitter credit for.


It wouldn't be Easter without Bunny Bait.  A new family tradition started in 2020 thanks to a co-worker of mine who sent me the idea to keep the kids busy during those very early day of COVID.  It'll be a staple for the holiday for years to come (it's like candy crack...you can't stop eating it!).  


I made everyone sit down for a family photo (sorry Nate, the dining room chair + fireplace ash bucket phone holder must have been slightly off - I'm glad you made it into the photo!).  


This picture makes me laugh the most though - not because of the props - but look at Copper's face.  HAHA!  He so rarely makes it into a photo and the ONE time we get him in there, he looks like Cousin Itt from the Addams family - sorry bud!


A deep lunge - because, when you know, you know!(+ old fashioneds...I guess I lied, we had three holiday cocktails...no wonder my head hurt the next day).


Oh!  And, we had a special holiday magic show by the Great Abbini and Hazelini (she said she forgot her name).  Abby did a great job with a new card trick and I think my personal favorite was the trick where Hazel "juggled" a roll of toilet paper - classic magic right there!


Another holiday with all of my favorite people is in the books!  I love you all so so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment