Friday, May 13, 2022

A very busy (but fun!) weekend

 


After over 2 years of crazy COVID life, with far less on our calendars than normal, it sure feels like things are back to normal and our calendars are as packed as ever.  This weekend was no different.  It started on Friday evening with the long awaited Heather McMahann show.  Erin introduced me to Heather McMahann's instagram account early in COVID and honestly, it was one of the best adds I made in years.  She tried to get us tickets for a show in late summer 2021 but it was ultimately canceled.  She rescheduled for late April 2022 and it finally happened!


We started the evening with the traditional Heather McMahann costume - which, means animal print or parm suits!  Actually - we started the night with animal print and ended it in parm suits, so I think we nailed it.  The show was great - we laughed, we cried, we rolled our eyes at the ladies next to us...it was fun and funny and great to do something silly.


After the show we found a cute cocktail bar and grabbed a late night pizza and a few drinks.  It was a lovely start to a busy busy weekend.


Saturday morning Ryan, Dan and the kids met us at Erin's and we all headed down to Solider Field for the annual Pancreatic Run/Walk that Erin has been participating in since 2019.  This year the whole family joined and I'm really glad we did.  It was cool and rainy, but the kids walked the entire thing (mostly without whining).  


Saturday afternoon we all made our way to Arlington Heights for baby Aiden's first birthday party!  He's my birthday buddy - we share an April 2nd birthday!  It was a few weeks after his real birthday (I think mostly because I planned the Jamaica trip for over our shared birthday...sorry buddy!!), but I think he had just as much fun a few weeks later.  


We book ended the busy weekend with a Sunday date night.  Our original plan was to visit Art and Alma's a supper club in Burlington, but kitchen renovations at the restaurant meant we finally got to try an escape room!  Something I've been wanting to do for years but we've just never gotten around getting it on the calendar.  I tell you what...it was SUPER fun.  We lost - fact I personally was not pleased about.  But, it did make me want to schedule another one soon.  I hate losing!










No comments:

Post a Comment