Friday, November 12, 2021

Halloween

 

Halloween!!! Every year I say I'm done dressing up - and then I look back on these photos and I know I'm lying.  We'll probably be in family costumes until the kids start rolling their eyes and telling us we're too dorky to hang out with and then we'll look back on these photos with longing.  I know it already.


This year we had a group costume as Disney's Descendants.  Admittedly I had about 10% understanding of what the story and characters were all about until a week or so before Halloween when Ryan and I sat down to watch the movie with the kids.  Don't get me wrong, I'd "watched" it with the kids before....but this time I actually tried to pay attention.


The descendants are the kids of the bad guys from all the Disney movies - so we were all assigned our roles by the littles.  Ryan was less than happy about his (Prince Ben) because he felt like he looked like a banker.  He claims that next year he'll have more of a hand in his costume - I can't wait!


Malificent makeup is HARD!  But, three tries, one trip to the dollar store, and more time than I'd like to admit and I think it turned out ok!  Hey, at least the horns were both comfortable AND warm on my ears.  


Beth's family was a little too young to really care about the Descendants so they were the characters from Toy Story.  She always does a really nice job with their costumes.  They are always really well thought out and adorable.




The Brackemyer family was the other half of our group costume.  I'm certain that very few adults had any idea who we were and how we all fit together, but "Do it for the children" was our mantra, and so, we did!


I think Hazel has my favorite costume of the bunch - Dizzy.  A little art girl from Descendants that truly fits her personality and style.  She was so adorable with her little pink glasses and buns in her hair.  







No comments:

Post a Comment