Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Halloween Festivities

 


Just a quick round up of some of the festive activities we did around here in October to get excited about the next holiday!  This year we're going to try and make a Christmas Train, so we thought we'd do a test run with a Halloween one.  We have some work to do on that front, but it was a good craft that kept the kids busy for awhile one evening.




And, we can't let a holiday pass us by without some sugar cookies for our friends and teachers.  This is 100% a COVID tradition that I think might be here to stay.  The first batch I made "cheaters"  and just got store bought dough and store bought frosting, just for something to do (and also because I personally wanted cookies).  But, as you scroll down you'll find the batch that Erin helped with - and I gotta say, after doing those mummies, I think we're ready to go into business with these puppies.  They turned out so cute!


Hazel's Halloween Bunny cookie :)  She cracks me up!



I mean, come on!  These are adorable! (gingerbread man cutters for the win here!).


Lastly, we carved ourselves some pumpkins.  This fall has brought us the most amazing weather.  Some cool days, some warm ones (it was 66 yesterday!).  I know the snow will be flying before we know it, but I will NOT wish away these fall days.  They are 100% my favorite.



Oh, and festive fall cocktails! This happens to be an apple cider/pear margarita.  It was good, but the classic is still better.





No comments:

Post a Comment