Thursday, July 1, 2021

Camping with the McCarthy's

 


Two weekends ago we had a perfectly lovely camping trip with the McCarthy's at Starved Rock.  The McCarthy's officially moved back to Illinois last summer and we've been planning a camping trip with them since then!  I think this hot summer trip with four little people in a tent was enough to convince them that a camper is in their future for next summer - which, to me means we'll have many more trips like this in the future.  


I didn't manage to get all six kids in one group picture so I'm going to have to add that to my list for the next time we're together but, I didn't do half bad with this one!  The weekend was HOT and I think we were all glad the trip was close enough that one night didn't feel undoable.  Plus it was the perfect opportunity for Ryan and I to start our Yellowstone lists of all the things we needed (and needed to do) before we left for Yellowstone - which, happens to be later this afternoon (the day I'm writing this post).  By this evening we'll be putting miles under our tires and officially be on the road West!  


Here's to many campfires, S'mores and stars ahead (as Abby's shirt perfectly states).  

No comments:

Post a Comment