Thursday, March 12, 2020

Girls Day - Painting Pottery


Presidents day weekend the girls and I had plans to travel to Charlotte NC to visit Ryan while he was working down there.  But, if one things is constant, it's that Ryan's schedule is ALWAYS changing and the timing just didn't work out so we ended up staying home.  Knowing we traded a fun trip for a normal weekend at home, I thought it would be fun to surprise the kids with and early daycare pick up, with Auntie (!) and a trip to the pottery painting studio in Algonquin.


We've never done pottery painting before but it was SO fun!  We each picked one piece to paint.  Hazel picked a guitar jewlery box, Abby picked a cute unicorn mug (for hot chocolate!), Erin got an adorable fox mug and I picked a yarn bowl (used to hold a ball of yarn while you knit so it doesn't get tangled or roll around on the floor).


Abby used the cute mug in the background as her inspiration and she did such a good job.  She was slow, and careful and really thoughtful about her colors and placement.


Hazel, sweet Hazel, was a little more, what's the word, non-traditional?  HA!  Not correcting her was probably the hardest part of the whole evening for me.  I just wanted to take over and do it for her, but that's not what this was about.  So, check out her artistic expression!


Erin's of course, turned out the cutest of all.  She's so talented and I'm so glad I have her around in my life to help me make all sorts of art things like my seasonal chalkboard art, the girls first day of school posters and so many other random projects.  I've even enlisted her to help paint something cool in the kids toy room!  You know, once we drywall in there.


The girls thought this little outing was so much fun and we enjoyed it too!  Next time we'll BYOB and some more snacks.  It took a few weeks for us to get back the finished products, but I picked them up last night, and look how great they all turned out!





No comments:

Post a Comment