Thursday, December 6, 2018

Christmas Tree Cutting


Tree cutting became a family tradition when Ryan and I first started dating, and while location, and weather and group of people has changed over the years, one thing is always certain - we always cut a live tree the weekend of Thanksgiving.


I think that this may be the first year in over 6 years of tree cutting that I haven't been carrying a kid in a pack for this adventure!  I've said it so many times, these days the days feel like years and the years feel like days.  In just the blink of an eye, I've got two big kids!!  Kids old enough to carry themselves and to really actually HELP!



A trip to the tree farm would not be the same without a visit to Mrs. Claus.  Santa is FAR too busy this time of the year to give up full weekends to stay at the tree farm, so he sends Mrs. Claus on his behalf.  Abby asked for a giant stuffed tiger and Hazel asked for a baby doll that talks.  I sure hope the message makes it's way to the North Pole!



We're ready for Santa!!  I hope the girls made it on the "nice list"!


No comments:

Post a Comment