Friday, December 1, 2017

Christmas Tree Cutting


Tree cutting - a McGrath family tradition that has been around FAR longer than me...but I was adopted into the tradition when Ryan and I started dating and we've been doing it ever since.  When I was growing up we always had a fake tree so things like "watering the tree" often go undone if assigned to me.  This year, we gave the job to Abby and she woke us up the very first morning at 5:30 to remind us it was time to water the tree...that's what we get I suppose. 


What's interesting is how much the weather can differ from year to year.  We've had cold/snowy tree cutting trips, rain and mud or near t-shirt weather.  This year it hit almost 60 degrees the day after Thanksgiving so, as you can imagine, the tree cutting place was CROWDED! 


It was windy windy windy though and we were so thankful when we finally got inside Ms. Claus's house and away from the wind for a bit.  The kids were VERY patient...actually, more patient than me for once and super excited to see Ms. Claus.  That is, until Hazel ACTUALLY saw her...then it was all tears and "pick me up" and hiding her face....so...basically what I expected from a two year old.  Abby on the other hand, was super excited.  She wrote her and Hazel's names on the Good List and told Ms. Claus all about what they wanted for Christmas.  Apparently it's a car with a horse pulling it...which, I'm not sure if that's on Santa's list this year, we'll have to see. 


Maybe next year Hazel will be brave enough to stand and get her picture taken with Abby...but NOT this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment