Wednesday, December 27, 2017

A Train Ride with Santa


Last year near Christmas Erin told us that they do a Polar Express thing out of Union Station (downtown) and we looked into getting tickets.  Apparently the sell out quickly so we didn't get them...but in researching that, we found out that the local train museum by our house did a similar thing...basically in our back yard and for a much lower price point.


So, when this year came around we snagged tickets early on and figured we'd give it a try.  All in all, I think it was perfect for the kids ages now...but I think we might try to do the REAL one next year.  It was perfect for the price point, but I was hoping for a little more pep and pizzazz!




Hazel was terrified of Santa, she wouldn't look at him.  She figured if she couldn't see him, he wasn't there.  HAHAHA!


Abby wasn't scared and she told him what she wanted (a unicorn cart...long story).  But, as soon as Santa left she told me "Mommy, I know that's not the REAL Santa".  
Me: "Why do you think that?"
Abby: "Because he was wearing gym shoes and the real Santa has pretty black boots."

I swear, this kid is too dang smart for her own good!  What am I going to do?



No comments:

Post a Comment