Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Abby's First Ballet Recital


This past Christmas Ellyn decided that she wanted to get Abby ballet lessons as a present.  It was a great idea.  We've been going every week to class and Father's day weekend Abby had her first ever ballet recital.  If I'm honest, neither she, nor I, had any clue what we were in for.  I'm amazed how much work (and time) goes into putting on these recitals.  Good lord, if this is just a peek and what's in store for us in the future years...we're going to be spending lots and lots of time waiting around for our kids to preform/play/practice etc.


I suppose I always knew that would be the case, but doing this little recital was our first real peek at what the coming years may look like with our kids in activities.  A few weekends before the recital we had picture day.  The kids needed to be dressed, with makeup, and there 30 minutes prior to their time slot.  The whole process took about 3 hours!   Then, three days before the big show we had mandatory dress rehearsals.  Again, dressed, in makeup, and there 30 minutes prior....3 more hours out of the middle of the day.  Finally, the day of the show another 4-5 hours all for her 3 minute debut.


I'm not complaining, trust me.  It was fun to have some Mommy/Daughter time just with Abby.  With Hazel around now I find that I'm spending less one on one time with either of the girls.  But, so. much. time!!


I'm not sure yet how Abby feels about the whole thing.  She is so loud and outgoing with me and kids she knows but she was so shy when it came time to perform.  You'll see for yourself in a few videos I snagged.  She's adorable and it was so cute to see all the little Minnie Mice on stage.  We're going to take some time off ballet for a bit here.  There's lots going on these days.  So, will we do ballet again?  Hard to say...maybe we'll keep trying new things until something sticks.



No comments:

Post a Comment