Thursday, October 31, 2013

All Hallows Eve

Happy Halloween ya'll!!


This past weekend we hosted our 8th annual Halloween party.  I can't take much credit for this tradition, Ryan and his friends have been dressing up and celebrating Halloween together long before I came along.


At this point, everyone knows they better come in costume.  It's not optional, and I'm so glad we've set it up this way.  This year we had some GREAT costumes....but of course, I slacked on the picture taking after the beer started flowing so I've only got shots of the first few people that came.    Lo and Bri flew in from LA for the party and were dresses as LA Hipsters this year.  It was great to see them and hear all about how things are going for them in Cali.  They've been living there since April and we miss them more that I can say!


Chris and Brenna were Wayne and Garth from Wayne's World.  Pretty creative, and comfy outfits if I do say so myself.


Meg and Greg were a skeleton and muscle man.  Greg's costume was officially creepy.  First off, it was skin tight...in all areas (all the ladies know what I mean), then there was that weird mask.  The mask part was supposedly thin enough to drink through but Greg didn't test it.  It didn't take him long to figure out that major flaw of his costume was that he couldn't go to the bathroom without completely stripping down.

They even brought the deer foot along.  If you're part of the Murphy family, you already know that this foot has been re-gifted between the cousins for the last 5 Christmas's.  There's a photo book and tons of stories to go with it.  That foots been to New York, California and just about everywhere else in between.  It's been bedazzled, seen whales and even has a beer bottle open added to one end.



Since I suck and didn't get any other pictures of the night (except these cuties of my little Peanut) I'll just have to tell you about some of the other costumes.  Nick and Kimmy Kat came as Cruella De Vil and a Dalmatian puppy.   Sam and Juan might have to win the prize of the best costume.  They came as Gatsby and  Daisy from the Great Gatsby.  Sam even made herself a yellow car that she could wear/drive around in.  They stayed true to costume and drank only out of martini classes and Sam was even carrying around one of those long cigarette holders.  They looked great!


Anthony and Teresa get the award for most creative costume.  They came as Dexter and one of his victims.  Anthony's outfit was pretty simple...an apron and a knife but Theresa stole the show with her scantly clad dress.  She wrapped herself in a mini-dress of cellophane with some fake blood smeared between the layers.  I don't know how she could have stood out by the fire for hours but she did!

Who else am I forgetting??  Jamie and Zach came as a Teen Mom (her excuse to wear sweatpants and a t-shirt, but I can't blame her!) and a paintballer.  Betsy was a cowgirl for sure, but I can't remember what Pat was.  Ug...that's why you take pictures Sadie!!

We had a great time and are so happy that everyone came!  We'll be hosting again next year so mark your calendars for Saturday November 1st!!!  Start planning your costumes.  I'm thinking of giving out for real prizes next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment